- Editor and Contributor – 2017 Foreclosure Forms Update (Legal Education Society of Alberta)
- Co-Chair and Presenter – 2014 Bankruptcy Seminar (Legal Education Society of Alberta)
- Presenter – 2016 Public Legal Education Presentations on Dealing with CRA and Foreclosures and Seizing Assets (via Medicine Hat College)
- Presenter – 2015 Fast Growth 50 Conference on Positioning Yourself for Success in an Economic Downturn (Alberta Venture)
- Presenter – 2015 CAIRP Forum on High-Income Tax-Driven Bankruptcy Discharge Applications
Craig A. McMahon
Craig is an experienced business and insolvency lawyer helping clients navigate complex financial transactions and related issues by providing advice and litigation services. Clients appreciate his understanding of their business and his ability to translate legalese in order to help clients fully understand their risks and opportunities. Among those that Craig works with are debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, receivers, trustees, landlords, shareholders and directors. Committed to understanding what impacts his clients, Craig stays current with legislation and world, national and local news and economic trends and indicators and offers presentations to clients and organizations.
His previous employment acting as counsel to Canada Revenue Agency on debt recovery, priority disputes and tax evasion files makes him a go-to resource for those corporate and individual taxpayers’ addressing audits, objections and appeals, directors’ liability assessments, non-arm’s length transfer assessments and deemed trusts.
Craig and his family are involved in many activities in and around Lethbridge including the Lethbridge Ringette Association.
- Presenter – 2013 AAIRP Webinar on Preferences and Transfers Under Value
- Presenter – 2012 CAIRP Forum on Personal Insolvency Cases
- Presenter – Client-focused presentations on:
– The Basics of Insolvency, Bankruptcy, Receivership and Restructuring,
– Protecting Assets vs. Fraudulent Preferences and Conveyances;
– Bankruptcy and Family Law
– Banking and Finance Legal Updates
- Hawthorne v. Hawthorne, 2003 ABQB 636 (CanLII)— 2003-07-17
interest in the land — co-owners — value — joint — encumbrance
- Royal Bank of Canada v. Bisset, 2005 ABQB 700 (CanLII)— 2005-09-16 proceeds — severance — joint tenancy — property — writs
- Schaus v. Mountain Ridge Developments Inc., 2009 ABQB 94 (CanLII)— 2009-02-12 mortgage — bylaws — lender — corporate seal — loan
- Re SemCanada Crude Company (Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act), 2009 ABQB 90 (CanLII) unsecured creditors — guarantee — interim distribution — fraudulent — subrogation